Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Post Race depression?



So it's been 2 days since the adventure race and I am wondering if there is a such thing as post race depression?!? Take me back to the race. The people. The...ambiance of the whole thing. I feel like any time I try to explain the sequence of events of the race to anyone outside of the Adventure Racing world and they just don't get it. People ask "how was the race?!" and I explode with details and excitement and then when I start to focus on their faces I realize some people just don't get it.

Try telling someone you rode 15km of trails, your shoes permanently smell like swamp and poo, you were into marsh up to your knees (person looks at your knees then continues making eye contact), you were bush whacking in forest Les Stroud might reconsider, you suffered from bug bites, dehydration and hunger and that you LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT. Really. Every second of it. The people I met were awesome and the race was organized so well. The after party helped. That was pretty fun too, but that all came with my rockstar attitude. I had to prove I can party like I race.
Once I get over my post race depression I will be sure to blog some specific highlights of the race. My perscription? Storm the Ten. September 18th, 2010. http://www.stormevents.ca/stormthe10.htm

So if you ask me what I did on the weekend, be prepared for an answer. I didn't sit on the couch and watch movies. I didn't go to the bar. I may have had a few too many drinks, but afterall, I'm a ROCKSTAR now.

wooohooo

4 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean about people glazing over!! It was a blast.
    I love your pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks. Christine took the pic, I was secretly scared to death!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt the same way but I am so glad I did it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. excellent pov, felt the same way years ago! well done.

    ReplyDelete