Sunday, April 25, 2010

Burpees!



Burpee (exercise)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
The burpee is a full body exercise used in strength training and as aerobic exercise. It is performed in four steps:
Begin in a standing position.
Drop into a squat position with your hands on the floor in front of you.
Kick your feet back, while simultaneously lowering yourself into a pushup
Immediately return your feet to the squat position, while simultaneously pushing up with your arms.
Leap up as high as possible from the squat position with your arms overhead (you may also clap your hands above your head at the peak of your jump

Definition from: Wikipedia 2010 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burpee_(exercise)

I have actually never really hated anything more in my life then a Burpee. In fact, about two months ago I thought I was really fit - UNTIL I was asked to do 10 Burpees. I thought I was going to die. During the drill (which included 10 burpees) my thighs felt like they had led in them and my arms had a burning sensation in them that I never experienced. Currently in grade 2 we are writing poetry, the following is my owe to Burpees and my awesome grade two‘s!

Burning sensation that usually makes me want to go into fetal position.
Usually I don’t feel such hate towards exercise.
Really, I’d like to meet the TOOL that created Burpees.
Probably won’t be able to sit down tomorrow.
Expected to do how many?!?!
Eventually I will be able to walk again (that’s what they tell me).
Suddenly I feel the need to cry.

3 comments:

  1. Hahahahaaa... too funny. We were talking about burpees today and just how much they SUCK!!!
    I think we are all in agreeance on this one :-)

    Most of our blogs are about how much we dislike burpees and who ever invented this must have had a few screws loose.

    Just too funny.

    P.S. Enjoy this weeks homework and those awesome burpees :-)
    See you on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH the pain! I with you on that one! Walk again...not sure at this point :)

    ReplyDelete