Sunday, April 18, 2010

Workout #1

Saturday morning brought some interesting weather - a bit cold and snowy for my liking. We all met at LaSalle Park in Burlington to enjoy the awesome scene. We started out with a warm up and then...sprints.

That was so sweet of Meridith and Suzie to let us do sprints, I mean who doesn't love the burning sensation in your glutes, quads, hamstings and every other single part of the body?!? I know I will thank the ladies in a few months, but in the meantime I may have to use some foul language during workouts.

The stairworkout was amazing - fun and different. It's surprisingly harder then you think to run downstairs. The best part was just when you think you're done the stairs...you have to sprint back up a monster...I mean hill.

Despite the weather, we had a wicked workout with a solid group of ladies. I'm looking forward to my homework workouts and next Sunday's group workout!

Until then,

Shannon

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, that burning sensation...the last run up the hill after the stairs was a tough one...You were amazing!

    ReplyDelete