Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Mountain biking = almost love at first try



WOW!
This will probably be my cheesiest entry. I am a new person. The mountain biking session on Thursday was AMAZING! Hands down. I felt like I was on a constant rollercoaster. You know that feeling when you are scared but confident and nervous but excited? Yeah, that one. That's how I felt the entire night. I learnt so much about mountain biking and myself that night. For a chick with little confidence to feel that good about herself is awesome. I don't think I'm in love with mountain biking just yet - I'm still scared. I'm just really into that feeling of adrenalin! I was describing how I felt to Neil and he politely says: "Uhhh, yeah. That's adrenalin."


We finally get to this calm and beautiful river and here I think... the men are going to give us a motivating talk on how awesome we are. Then I remember that we are training with guys tonight. Shane holds up a heart rate monitor and points to the river. "First three people to cross the river with their bike and back gets a HRM from Suunto." More adrenalin. Why do I always get this feeling of panic when someone puts competition into anything?! It can be the first person to eat their cereal. I have to win. It turned out we all got our brand new heart rate monitors from SUUNTO. What a relief. Mine is bright orange and I love it!



My highlight. Just when I think the night couldn't get any better... FREE SAUCONY SHOES! It was like Christmas morning. It started out as the first person to make it all the way up the hill (and by hill I mean death trap) in their saddle without stopping gets free Saucony gear. Piece of cake. They had me at free. I did it and then Matt Merko says "Anyone willing (crazy enough) to do it again for a pair of Saucony shoes?" "I'll do it." So I did. This hill was steep and my thighs burnt so bad I felt like I was climbing Mt. Everest but at the same time I love that feeling of a grusome workout (I think that's why I'm a runner). So true to his word, Matt Merko, our wicked awesome Saucony rep is sending me my new kicks!

Awesome, Awesome night. I can't wait to get back out there and scare myself a little more.

4 comments:

  1. Woman you were AMAZING!!!!! Not once but twice!! OMG!!! I want to be like you when I grow up 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sounds like a great night. I am so disappointed to have missed it.
    "A chick with little confidence"?, you are awesome!
    Congrats on the shoes! See you on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading your story.
    YOU did amazing!!!
    Keep it up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You owned that hill Shannon. I can't believe your energy! Nice work!!!

    ReplyDelete