Sunday, May 16, 2010

Three Cheers for Hills!

I thought I would blog even though I missed the trail running session today because I was still out there running. Just running the roads instead! I finished the Mississauga Marathon today in 1 hour 43 minutes and I felt amazing (that's a PB for me)! I was shooting for a strong 1:50! Awesome. Normally I'm a lot more stiff and sore but today I felt great. I have to say, my time is all thanks to the horrid hill training with Phat Chicks and Race Day Rush. Definately worth the buring sensation. I was able to tear up the last two hills. I mean I gav'er (talk about outer body experience....haha) I didn't even know where the energy was coming from. It could have been the wicked weather or the fact that Mississauga is very downhill for a marathon :) Either way it was an amazing day and a great way to start out the summer season!

I also ran into Shane's friend Eman - running the half with the helmet camera. I gave a shout out to the Phat Chicks and of course RDR. It was exciting to see the reactions of people... "Does that guy have a helmet on his head?!" or "What is he doing?" Once I told Eman my finishing goal I felt the pressure to do it because it was on tape. Thanks!

In the end, it was a great day, ran over half the race with my brother, got a massage and the sun was shining all day. I do however, miss all the Race Day Rushers! I'm looking forward to this Thursday!

Shannon

7 comments:

  1. WHAT AN AMAZING ACCOMPLISHMENT! Fantastic work Shannon! Should be fun Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the marathon! We thought about you during our training yesterday. We missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's sooooooooooo awesome Shannon!!!
    You set a goal AND you beat it :-)
    You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the congrats. I will see you Thursday...looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work!! I'm sure you got more exercise during the race than we did out there!!!jeje See u Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats girl! That's awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing job Shan! You run circles around my heart xo

    ReplyDelete