Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A lesson well learnt

Sunday's workout was the real deal (again) and we pulled it off. We set off on our own team navigation test. Each of us were given the opportunity to lead the gang for a good portion. I learned some valuable lessons during my time to lead and you are definitely only as strong as your weakest link!
Keri set us off to a good start with her running the first portion. She set a good pace and she managed to get us from point A to point B. Yeah Keri! We then went onto our bikes where (I think Gail and Szrenka led us. They did amazing - they really have those mapping skills down! The two ladies led us into the trails where Shane kindly asked me to take a turn to lead ("is it wrong to kindly decline?") I was scared and I felt the pressure. I also learned a good lesson. Slow down and think about what you are doing and where you are going. I lead us into a wrong loop and cost us a bit of time. A huge learning curve for me. We continued on our challenge where Mel lead us through the trails on our bike. We get to the look out point successfully and Susie has us run the stairs. Awesome. My legs were burning. We finished off with some burpies and kept on biking. I can't believe how far we have come. To think about the amount of endurance we have and where we came from is pretty amazing.

I felt awesome after this workout, I learnt a lot! I have also really grown a lot as an athlete over the last 12 weeks. I'm excited to see where this will take me. Stay turned, the good stuff is yet to come!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaaa... I really can't take any credit for the mapping, Gail was great, I just followed.

    It's been an awesome journey!!!

    ReplyDelete