Thursday, June 17, 2010

Putting the puzzle together...

...we are definitely coming together as Adventure Racers, Sunday helped to prove that. What an experience. We were basically given a quick refresher on how to use the compass, minor details and BAM. Off we were to find 4 beach balls in Hilton Falls. Lucky for me Susie was on my team. We got off to a slow start because we struggled with the first check point. No biggie, we were quickly off to find the others. At one point we passed the same man three times (it was all in our strategy). By the third check point we opted for the road less travelled (this way is shorter) and the rough patch of the course....seemed like a good idea at the time. Wow, that totally put my mountain biking (or lack of) skills to the test. I looked down at my hands and my knuckles were white, I vaguely remember someone telling me this is a nono. Ooops.

When we met up with Shane along our detour and he reminded me of some important points. Switching gears, shoulders back, lock your core, let your bike take the bumps etc. etc. Good thing I don't have ADD because that's a lot to focus on. Susie and I made it back safe, sound and pretty muddy. What an awesome day, Susie and I even managed to get some chats in along the course. I loved the whole morning! I'm officially hooked. Thank-you!

2 comments:

  1. It was an awesome day :-)

    The road less travelled is always faster... OR ... is it the scenic route?!?!?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, you have great energy...you are a natural born athlete...you make it look so easy!!! You are amazing on the bike!!!

    ReplyDelete